Special Education Law Working for You - March 16th - Indianapolis
2nd Annual Indiana Special Education Law Working for YOU!
The Riley Child Development Center and the Christian Sarkine Autism Treatment Center with support from Indiana’s Governor’s Council for People with Disabilities invite you to join us for the 2nd Annual Indiana Special Education Law Working for YOU! The partnering organizations have planned a day that will allow participants to gain information to address their current goals and challenges related to Special Education Law in Indiana. Plan to attend and gain the critical general and topical information needed to support Hoosier students.
This conference offers 6.5 contact hours which may meet a variety of credential and licensure requirements.
Cost: $90 for Professionals and $70 for parents. A limited number of full scholarships for parents are available on a first come first serve basis. A box lunch will be provided.
When: Tuesday - March 16, 2010
Registration 8:00 AM; Workshops 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Morning Session 9:00-11:00
- Overview of Indiana’s Article 7 - What you need to know now, and where to find it!
Select One 11:30-1:45 Session:
- Early Childhood Transitions
- Initial Eligibility for Special Education
- Inclusion: Parents Sharing Lessons Learned
- Visual Strategies to Support Students with ASD
Select One 1:45-4:00 Session:
- Understanding and Using Tools Related to the IEP Process
- Post Secondary Transitions
- What Else is There?
- Supporting Social Skills in Students with ASD
- Understanding Discipline
Registration: Registration is easy and can be completed online at http://pediatrics.iupui.edu/body.cfm?id=1032
Location: IUPUI Conference Center
420 University Blvd., Indianapolis
Directions to the Campus Center can be found online. Parking is best in the adjacent garage.