An ASK Champion has compassion for families of kids with special needs and understands the value of the support ASK provides these families. An ASK Champion’s main goal is to heighten awareness for ASK as you reach out to your community and those people who either work with these families or can help us reach those families. Opportunities can be flexible based on your skills, interests and time availability.
An ASK Champion is someone who:
- Understands our mission and how we are relevant to families and the community.
- Is willing to help the outreach and support efforts of ASK in their community. Champions can choose how they would like to give their time based on personal skills, interests and time availability.
Some Examples of Champion Opportunities would be:
- Distribute ASK collateral materials to organizations/professionals that serve kids with special needs
- Man tables at resource fairs for ASK
- Make presentations to individuals and groups that serve kids with special needs
- Interview families and write family stories
- Volunteer at the Office (filing/copying)
- Parent Mentoring / Parent-to-Parent Matches
To become a ASK Champion, click Here.
To login to an existing Parent Mentor Training, click Here.